Are You Future-Proof?Articles | December 13, 2019
There is one disruptor we have not talked about yet: Mike Tyson. He disrupted the pay-per-view industry back in June 1997 when he bit off a part of Evander Holyfield’s ear. What became known as the “Bite Fight” generated 1.99 million PPV buys. Holy Shift!
When it comes to going digital, if you don’t move fast enough, you might get knocked out, too.
And I got news for you: the technology is the easy part. If you’ve been following along with this series, what I hope you’ve learned is that digital transformation is all about the experience. Culture change, corporate agility, and the ability to change with your customers are key to sustainability and growth. Which means you’ve got to ask yourself the tough questions.
At this point, I hope you’ve answered these key questions about your digital maturity. If not, here’s your chance:
- Have you established a digital strategy for your company?
- Do you understand your user experience and your customers and where you can find them online?
- Are you effectively managing content for your web properties?
- Is your product information management system up to par?
- Do you know how to get started with ecommerce, supporting your resellers, distributors, sales agents, and even selling direct to your consumers?
- Are you leveraging digital marketing to drive more users to your web properties?
Future-proofing your company is not just about the tech. Like I said earlier, it’s about the experience. It’s about laying the foundation and developing a solid business model that will stand the test of time—or at least the next five to ten years.
Don’t get knocked out. Don’t get left behind. It’s time to get on the path forward. Let Shift7 be your guide.
Interested in getting started? Connect with us at Shift7Digital.com/contact-us.
The world of B2B manufacturing is changing—ready or not. But if this has you thinking, “holy sh*t!” don’t worry—you’re not alone. SHIFT7 Digital is here to bring the world’s leading manufacturers into the future. In each episode of the Future Proof series, our team of experts will walk you through how you can take control of your digital experiences, start to finish. From creating a roadmap to understanding your customers and everything in between, this series will take you from “holy $#*!t” to “holy shift.” Welcome to the path forward.